LSC’s Student Payroll is prepared on a bi-weekly basis. Services provided include:
- All new-hire paperwork for student employees.
- Student employee position advertising on the Handshake website.
- Prepare and deliver time sheets to supervisors.
- Retrieve and send student payroll records as requested.
- Complete employment verifications as requested by state, county, and other authorized entities.
Lake Superior College students can apply to various open student positions while pursuing their education. Student employee positions are funded by one or more of the following sources: federal work study, state work study, grants, or the college budget. Some positions are looking to fill certain days/hours of work while other positions are flexible around individual student schedules. This is usually indicated in each specific job description. Review our Student Employment Policy to see more information and what requirements you will have to meet to be eligible to work on campus.
Steps for Student Employment at Lake Superior College:
- Fill out your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Even if you don’t think you will qualify for any financial aid, it will need to be on file and complete with LSC. For more information or assistance on FAFSA, visit our Financial Aid webpage.
*PSEO and International Students would NOT have to complete the FAFSA; skip to step 2<
- View Student Employment listings via Handshake. Log into your preset Handshake account with your star ID and password. You may need to use your LSC email to log in the first time ([email protected]). Select the “Jobs” tab in the upper left corner. Then select the “On-campus” filter option to see all open student worker positions.
- Apply to positions you are interested in by clicking the red “Apply” button in Handshake or by reaching out to the Contact Person listed within the position description with your interest and/or questions.
- That supervisor will then get back to you with a possible application/interview for that position. If they offer you the position, you will then work with that supervisor on signing an offer/contract.
- After the offer/contract is turned into the Student Payment Office, they will contact you requesting various employment documents and provide further hiring instruction, such as online employee training information, setting up your payment preference through BankMobile Disbursements, and more. Lake Superior College’s student payroll is prepared on a bi-weekly basis.