File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The Department of Education encourages all students to file their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically. Please review our FAFSA Checklist and follow these steps for successful filing:
- Go to the FSA ID website.
- Click “Create FSA ID.” Enter your email and create a username and password.
- Enter your Social Security Number, date of birth, and full name. Click Continue.
- If you have a Federal PIN #, you can enter it and link it to your new FSA ID. If you are a new FAFSA user, continue without linking.
- Answer Security questions 1, 2, and 5. You will create questions and answers for 3 & 4. Click Continue.
- Review your information and read and certify that you understand the information.
- Confirm your email address using the secure code sent to the email you initially listed.
- Repeat steps 1 through 7 if you are a dependent student who requires your parent’s information.
- You are all Set!
You will be submitting information from your completed federal tax forms. You must also list the amounts of untaxed income received, along with the amounts in investments and savings accounts.
Review our FAFSA Checklist for more information.
LSC College Code: 005757
Paper FAFSA’s are available by request from the Department of Education at 1-800-433-3243 or Print a PDF (paper) FAFSA. You may access your Student Aid Report (SAR) as soon as 24-48 hours after you electronically filed. Go to FAFSA to print your student aid report. LSC will receive a copy of the report electronically.
218 733-7601 or 1-800-432-2884
Choose the “Financial Aid” option
Student Services Center
1st Floor of S Building
Financial Aid Office
Lake Superior College
2101 Trinity Rd
Duluth MN 55811