Lake Superior College Foundation to Award Workforce Development Scholarships for Spring Semester 2023
Eligible students can apply for Workforce Development Scholarships between October 4 – October 24, 2022. If approved, the funding would be awarded for Spring Semester 2023.
The Minnesota Legislature has provided funding for dozens of $2,500 scholarships at all of the 30 community and technical colleges of Minnesota State in the high-demand fields of:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Health Care Services
- Information Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Enrolled in a high-demand occupation within an eligible program (Advanced Manufacturing, Agriculture, Health Care Services, Information Technology, Early Childhood Education, Transportation)
- Taking 9 credits per term; 2.0 GPA, Minnesota resident
- Students will receive $1,250 award per term ($7,500 maximum over three years)
- Preference for students in financial need
- Adult students and transfer students to state university are eligible
Students interested in applying for the scholarship can apply through midnight on October 24, 2022.
“The mission of the Lake Superior College Foundation is to support Lake Superior College by cultivating community relationships and philanthropic support that will advance educational opportunities for students, staff, and community.”
To fulfill the Lake Superior College Foundation mission, we will:
- Empower students by removing financial barriers to their educational goals.
- Strengthen Lake Superior College by providing financial resources for its people, programs and campus.
- Build a vibrant community by fostering the development of a skilled workforce.
- Serve as ambassadors linking college and community.
The Lake Superior College awards more than $250,000 in scholarships, grants and emergency loans annually. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the LSC Foundation was also able to award Emergency Grants through funding we received from the federal government. Those funds are no longer available, but the LSC Foundation will still be awarding scholarships, grants and emergency loans as usual. The LSC Foundation scholarship application window typically opens twice a year, with a smaller offering in the fall for spring and our biggest scholarship opportunity occurs in the spring for the following fall. Typically these application windows are open for a month from mid-October to mid-November and then again from mid-March to mid-April. Emergency loans are available while funding is available. Please contact the LSC Foundation directly at [email protected] with any questions, concerns or for more information. The LSC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization affiliate with, but separate from, Lake Superior College and is governed by a Board of Directors. We are grateful for the support we receive from our supporters, community and industry partners and all who help support students at LSC by donating to the LSC Foundation. You can donate online at www.lsc.edu/donate. Thank you for your support!