Available no-cost Z-degrees
Lake Superior College offers a complete degree called a Z-degree (zero-textbook cost). All of the courses offered in the Z-degree have no-cost textbook costs.
- Liberal Arts & Science Associate of Arts (AA) – 60 credits
- Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MnTC) – 40 credits
To be considered a zero textbook cost course, the instructor cannot require students to purchase any textbook materials (although optional or supplemental materials can be recommended).
Who can participate?
There is no special application to participate in a no-cost course. Register for as many no-cost courses as you want, if you meet the course prerequisites.
- View materials online at no cost.
- Download materials to your phone or other personal device (flash drive, etc.).
- In some cases, you can print materials at our on-campus copy center for a very low cost—ask your instructor about a particular class.
There may be a charge for class supplies such as tools, notebooks, supplies, equipment, fees, etc.