Professional advisors are available to assist current and prospective students with academic planning, degree requirements, basic financial aid inquiries, petitions, warning, probation, and registration. The mission of Professional Advising is to assist students in educational plans that are consistent with academic, personal and professional goals.
Scheduling an Appointment
In efforts to serve you better, we are encouraging students to meet by appointment with their assigned advisor whenever possible. Assigned advisors are listed in e-services on a student’s current course schedule and on the Interactive Degree Audit Report (DARS) report. Students in technical programs are assigned to a faculty advisor, who is the best person to answer program specific questions. Policy questions or general course registration questions are still welcome in Student Services.
Appointments can be scheduled by contacting your assigned advisor directly or by calling 218.733.7603. Appointments are generally 30 minutes in length. If you need to cancel an appointment, you may do so by calling 218.733.7603 or notify your advisor in advance, by phone or email. Many questions can be answered via email.
Walk-in advising is limited. Advisors will not be available during New Student Orientation and Registration sessions, which happen throughout April-August at varied times and again November-January. Wait times for walk-in appointments may be long depending on coverage on that day.
Students with quick questions are encouraged to stop by the Student Resource Center near the Library. Quick questions include things like “when can I register?” or “what is the withdrawal deadline?” or similar questions. More in depth questions like “what should I register for” or “what will a withdrawal do to my Financial Aid?” are best answered with a sit down appointment where we can give you the attention you deserve.
If you can’t make it Student Support Services, the advisors will come to you! Advising sessions are now available at specific days and times at all four campus locations. No appointments are necessary; just check the schedule and drop by to talk to an advisor at a time and place that is convenient for you.
- Mondays & Tuesdays, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Tutoring and Learning Center
- Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thursdays , 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Tutoring and Learning Center
- Mondays, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mondays & Tuesdays, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Downtown Center (October)
- Monday, Oct. 2 (all day), Oct. 9 and 23 (morning)
- Tuesday, Oct. 17 (all day)
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, 11, 18 and 25 (all day)
- Thursday, Oct. 5 (morning) and Oct. 12 and 26 (all day)
Downtown Center (November)
- Monday, Nov. 13 (all day)
- Tuesday, Nov. 21 (all day)
- Wednesday, Nov. 1, 8, 15 and 29 (all day), Nov. 22 (morning)
- Thursday, Nov. 2 and 16 (morning), Nov. 9 and 30 (all day)
Center for Advanced Aviation
- Tuesday, Oct. 3 (all day)
- Tuesday, Nov. 7 (all day)
Emergency Response Training Center
- Tuesday, Oct. 10 and 24 (all day)
- Tuesday, Nov. 14 and 28 (all day)