Check your Financial Aid Status & view your Financial Aid Award notification
You should print Access e-Services and Financial Aid instructions for reference purposes!
To access your account, go to the e-Services login page and follow these steps:
- Enter your StarID username and password
- If you have forgotten your information, go to the StarID Self-Service and click on Reset my Password.
- From the menu on the left, click on “Financial Aid”
- Change the semester to desired semester
- Choose the appropriate menu item as explained below.
- AID APPLICATION STATUS – By selecting this link, you can view the most recent activity regarding your financial aid.
The most common “Financial Aid Status” statements include:
- No FAFSA on file – We have not yet received information from the Department of Education. LSC receives the information about three days after the student receives notification that the FAFSA has been processed. If this comment is listed, you are subject to “drop-for nonpayment”.
- IF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING ARE LISTED, YOU ARE SAFE FROM “DROP FOR NON-PAYMENT” as we have received initial information from the Department of Education:
- Aid Application letter appears – This letter, which we refer to as a tracking letter, lists the items and/or corrections that are needed in order to complete your financial aid file. Please read through this letter carefully, and turn in any requested documents.
- “Document Review” or “Edit/Verification Review” – LSC staff members are reviewing the information you provided on your FAFSA. This process may take several weeks to complete. If necessary, you will be sent a letter requesting additional information. We may also contact you through your LSC email, so make sure to check this often.
- EDE corrections transmitted – We found discrepancies between your FAFSA information and the additional information you provided. We have sent a correction to the Department of Education. When the correction has been processed, we will be able to continue processing your financial aid.
- Ready for packaging/ready for packaging edits – Everything is ready for financial aid awards to be packaged and an award notification will be generated. Check back for further updates.
- Ready for payment – This comment is misleading. It does not mean that your financial aid will now be paid. This merely means that once the drop-add period has passed for that particular term; your grant/loan funding will be ready for payment. This does mean, however, that an Award Notification has been generated and you may now view the Award Notification in your e-services by clicking on “Financial Aid” and then select “View your Award Notification”. Please note that if loans are listed on the award notification, you must complete the loan application found on the “Loans” page. Other statements you may see should be self-explanatory. If you are unsure of their meaning, you may contact us at email@example.com for further explanation.
- AWARD NOTIFICATION – By selecting this link, which appears on the main Financial Aid page, you can view the award notification that was generated for you. The Award Notification will break down your grant and loan eligibility based on various enrollment levels. You can also accept, decline or reduce any Work Study eligibility, and sign a Miscellaneous Charges agreement (see your award notification for more details).
- AWARDS – By selecting this link, you can view your financial aid awards for the current award notification. This is not your award notification. However, it will be the most up-to-date information we have. If it is prior to the end of the drop-add period for a specific term, the amounts listed will be based on full time attendance. Any Minnesota Grant eligibility will be based on 15 or more credits. If loans are listed as “estimated”, you have not completed an online loan application. If the loans are listed as “certified”, LSC has processed the loan(s) for the term(s) listed. For a break-down of your eligibility based on full time, three-quarter time, half time and less than half time attendance, click on “Estimated Awards”.
- ESTIMATED AWARDS –By selecting this link, you can view your financial aid awards by credit level. This information is also provided in your award notification. However, once you have submitted your award notification, you will not be able to view it again.