In the LSC Wellness Center, we offer a wide variety of cardiovascular, strength, and resistance training equipment. Cardio machines will be limited and 6ft distance between users on equipment will be monitored. If you have any signs or symptoms of illness, please refrain from using the W.C. until asymptomatic or negative Covid-19 test can be obtained. We will continue to monitor the Covid-19 situation on our campus and please know that we will re-assess the W.C. being open as needed with the possibility of closure should we feel it is safer for our campus community.
Covid-19 continues to be in our communities and there is still risk of transmission for those using the space. LSC has implemented new safety protocol in the W.C. and we ask that you help by following protocol.
What you need to know:
- All student users need to present current LSC student ID upon entrance. LSC employees need to present W.C. Member ID card (issued in Student Life after making payment in Business Office). No ID=No entry!
- You will check in and out at the front desk. (We will ask for your name, phone number, ID and have you initial once we take your info. We will then sign you out upon departure)
- MASKS will be MANDATORY and must cover the nose. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
- Hand sanitize upon arrival/departure, sanitizer will be provided.
- All users need to wipe down equipment after every use. Sanitizing wipes are provided at 3 locations in the W.C.
- Clean gym shoes & fitness attire are to be worn.
- Please keep 6 ft distance at all times.
- Please no pre-workout/powdered beverages or food. Water only!
- Our Wellness Center Staff will help guide all safety protocol within the W.C. with reminders to all.
At Lake Superior College, we value the health and wellness of our students and staff. Our newly remodeled Wellness Center features a wide variety of cardiovascular, strength, and resistance training equipment and recreational fitness classes. Our Wellness Center staff will greet you upon arrival and are trained to give brief orientation to the equipment.
- Multi-use lifting station with up to 4 lifting spots
- 2 TRX Stations
- Rubberized plates (5-45 lbs.)
- Free-weights (5-100 lbs.)
- Movable incline benches
- Multi-purpose room (5-25 lbs. free-weights)
- Kettle bells
- Bosu trainers
- Weighted balls and medicine balls
- Exercise mats
- Elliptical machines (4)
- Precor treadmills (4)
- Advanced motion trainers (2)
- Recumbent bike
- FreeMotion Incline treadmills
- Expresso interactive virtual upright bike
- Rowing machine
- Precor strength training equipment
- Sci-fit upper body ergometer – ideal for rehab & incredible intense cardio/strength workout