Welcome and Services
In the TLC, all are welcome to find support and a place of community. We provide free tutoring and other academic resources to LSC students, and our space is available for anyone looking for a place to study and get work done. Tutoring is available online and in-person in various subjects, including mathematics, the sciences, English, and study skills. We also offer study groups in various areas and small study rooms where we encourage small groups to work collaboratively (not available in fall 2023).
Come connect with a tutor and others who are working through the same classes as you. Need a computer? We have those, too.
Schedules and Availability
The Tutoring and Learning Center is open all year, but tutors are staffed only when classes are in session. Tutor availability varies so please check the tutor schedules.
Stop in! Math and science tutors do not require appointments, but it’s easier to meet with a writing tutor if you schedule an appointment. Calling (218) 733-5927 is the fastest way to do so, but even if you don’t have an appointment, come in and see if a tutor is available.
The Tutoring and Learning Center has the following expectations of students accessing tutoring
- Attend class/labs regularly.
- Attempt the assignment prior to your session with a tutor. The tutor’s role is to assist you in learning and understanding the concepts; it is not their role to do your homework or help you cram for tests.
- Bring assignment specifications/guidelines to the session and have specific questions prepared to ask the tutor.
- Plan ahead of your due date so you have adequate time to learn the information and apply that knowledge in order to complete your assignment.
- Begin using the Tutoring and Learning Center as soon as (or before) you experience difficulty with coursework; don’t wait until the end of the semester.
- Come early, come often!