It’s a time unlike any other, and students at Lake Superior College need our support more than ever.
Students at Lake Superior College, our community’s future workforce, need our community’s support now more than ever! Many students have been hit especially hard by this global pandemic. We have heard many stories from students who have been laid off or had their hours reduced. Many students at LSC are going to school, while also working one or two jobs. Several students are also raising a family, while working AND going to school. Many of these students work in industries that have been devastated by the economic downturn caused by COVID-19 including hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, aviation, and other industries here in the Twin Ports region.
The good news: Thanks to your generous contributions over the past few years, the LSC Foundation has awarded over $400,000 in support over the past couple of years. It’s been a much needed and much appreciated glimmer of hope for these students. When calling to let students know they’ve received a scholarship, we have heard students cry tears of joy because they’re so happy, so relieved, and frankly under so much stress that a positive call took them by surprise and meant the world to them.
THANK YOU for your generous contributions! These past couple years have been the Foundation’s best years in terms of both funds raised and funds distributed to support students. However, we know the need is now greater than ever and we have much more work to do. Lake Superior College Foundation provided around $300,000 in support through scholarships, grants and interest-free emergency loans last year alone. It was the highest annual amount LSC Foundation has ever raised and distributed, yet we know the need is still much greater and only continues to grow.
The need right now: While these returning students are grateful for the scholarship support this upcoming fall, the reality is many are trying to figure out how they’re going to pay rent and other bills right now.
Will you please consider making a financial contribution to LSC Foundation? Any amount, from $5 to $500 to $5,000, will go a long way to helping ensure our students have the financial resources they need to remain in school and complete their educational goals.
Here are some ways you can contribute:
Donate online at www.lsc.edu/donate. There are a number of ways you can allocate your contribution:
- LSC Emergency Grants: Please write “Emergency Grants” in the notes if you would like your contribution to be used specifically for students seeking an emergency grant of up to $500.
- LSC Food Shelf: Please write “LSC Food Shelf” in the notes if you would like to make a contribution specifically for the LSC Student Food Shelf.
- LSC Scholarships: If you’d like your contribution to be used for scholarships, including any specific scholarship/program, please just indicate that in the notes and we will apply your contribution to our scholarship funds.
- Greatest Need: The Greatest Need Fund is our general account. Any contribution not specifically allocated will go to this fund to help address the greatest need at the time.
- Sponsorships/Other Contribution: Please just indicate in the notes, or on your check, how you would like your contributions to be used.
If you’d prefer, you can send a check to LSC Foundation, 2101 Trinity Road, Duluth, MN 55811, or contact the Foundation directly at [email protected] or (218) 733-7707 to arrange a contribution.
Thank you for your support and generosity!