Healthcare is one of the largest employers in the Duluth-Superior region with many challenging healthcare careers available ranging from direct caregivers to technicians to support staff and much more.
Lake Superior College offers more than sixteen career paths in allied health and nursing. Its nationally accredited programs include surgical technology, practical nursing, professional nursing A.S., Advanced Standing LPN track, medical laboratory technician, dental hygiene, respiratory therapy, physical therapist assistant, medical assistant and radiologic technology.
Additional healthcare programs include dialysis patient care technician, phlebotomy and massage therapy. LSC also collaborates with Hibbing Community College to offer a dental assistant program.
Lake Superior College is offering a free Healthcare Career Night on Tuesday, Oct. 24 from 5 to 8 p.m. to explore these career areas.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Visit with faculty
- Take a tour of LSC’s main campus and allied health and nursing facilities
- Talk to an advisor about healthcare programs
- Get information about admissions, financial aid, scholarships and academic support
- Participate in healthcare simulations
Healthcare Career Night is the first in a series of flexible career night sessions designed for individuals who work during the day or have other commitments. Attendees are encouraged, but not required, to RSVP online. All are welcome! For more information, please contact LSC Admissions at (218) 733-7601.
Additional career nights include:
- November 16, 2017 – Business and Industry Career Night
- December 5, 2017 – Careers in Arts and Sciences Career Night
- February 9, 2018 – Firefighting and Truck Driving Career Night
- February 28, 2018 – Integrated Manufacturing Career Night
- March 16, 2018 – Aviation Career Night