Immediate Needs and Safety
- Wade Gordon, Dean of Students, (218) 733-7656, [email protected], M131 – Main Campus
- Sarah Lyons, Executive Diversity Officer/Deputy Title IX Coordinator– Students, (218) 733-5975, [email protected], M151 – Main Campus
- Campus Security, (218) 733-6911, [email protected]
- Duluth Police Department or St. Louis County Sheriff, 911 on cell phone or 9-911 from an internal LSC phone line
Counseling and Mental Health
- PAVSA, Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault, 32 E 1st St #200, Duluth, MN 55802, (218) 726-1931, www.pavsa.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Phone: 1-800-273-8255, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- CASDA, the Center Against Sexual and Domestic Abuse, 318 21st Ave E, Superior, WI 54880, (715) 392-3136, www.casda.org
- NAMI Duluth, County Counseling Resources, 1-800-634-8775, www.insightcounselingduluth.com/ https://namiduluth.org/resources/clinics-centers/
- Amberwing, Center for Youth and Family Well-Being. 615 Pecan Ave, Duluth, MN 55811, (218) 355-2100, www.amberwing.org
- Birch Tree Center, 4720 Burning Tree Road, Duluth, MN 55811, (218) 623-1800, www.birchtreeduluth.com
- MinnState Employee Assistance Program, https://mn.gov/mmb/segip/health-and-wellbeing/eap/
- MN CASA, Coalition Against Sexual Assault, 32 East 1st St Duluth, MN 55802, (218) 726-1931, (218) 726-1442. www.mncasa.org
- Safe Haven, Domestic Abuse Shelter, Resources and Aid, 24 hour help line, (218) 728-6481 www.safehavenshelter.org
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline has some COVID-19 resources and information: www.thehotline.org/2020/03/13/staying-safe-during-covid-19/
- First Witness Child Advocacy Center, 4 W. 5th Street, Duluth, MN 55806, (218) 727-8353, www.firstwitness.org
Mother’s Rooms / Quiet Rooms
Lake Superior College supports the needs of women who are students, employees or visitors to our campus who are breastfeeding their babies by providing dedicated rooms to pump their breast milk in a quiet, comfortable, and private space. The space may also be used for short term quiet / reflective time.
The Mother’s Rooms/Quiet Rooms on the Lake Superior College campus are available in the following locations:
- M153 – Quiet Room
- M132 – Student Life Department (M130).
- Students may check out an access badge from Student Life (M130). After hours, please contact Security at (218) 733-6911 to gain access.
- Employees should automatically have badge access to M153, if not, please contact Tara Doolittle in the Facilities Office, (218) 733-7718.
- Visitors to campus who need to use a Mother’s Rooms/Quiet Rooms should contact Security at (218) 733-6911 to gain access.
- Campus map information is available.
- It is the responsibility of everyone using the Mother’s Rooms/Quiet Rooms to maintain a clean space that is ready for the next user.
- Please limit the use of the Mother’s rooms/Quiet Rooms to activities associated with expressing milk only.