Strong workforce demand for machinists, welders and engineering CAD designers continues in the Twin Ports region and beyond, even during the pandemic. Learn more about affordable training options in these career fields as well as how to apply for free to LSC. The Open House is free and open to the public, however due to COVID-19 related restrictions RSVPs are required and the event has been modified to ensure the safety of all guests.
The Open House will offer visitors an opportunity to check out the high-tech equipment at the downtown campus including computerized machines, 3D printers and scanners, robotic welders, waterjet and plasma cutting, CAD design software and more. Physically-distanced tours will take guests through the machining, welding and CAD lab facilities. Guests will be able to see programs in action and learn more about related program options, including:
- Engineering CAD Technology A.A.S.
- Engineering Technology A.S.
- Engineering CAD Technology Diploma
- Engineering CAD Technician
- Solidworks (CAD) Certificate
- CNC Programmer – Machine Technology A.A.S.
- CNC Programmer – Machine Technology Diploma
- Machine Production Technologist Diploma
- Manual Machinist Certificate
- Automated Machining Certificate
- Rapid Prototyping and Design Certificate
- Production Technologist Certificate
- Welding A.A.S.
- Welding Diploma
- Welding Technologist Diploma
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Production Certificate
- Welding Technology Certificate
- Welding Certificate
In accordance with LSC’s COVID-19 Back-To-Campus Preparedness Plan and with guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health, masks and social distancing are required at all times on any LSC campus and all guests will be asked to complete an online COVID-19 screening survey at: lsc.edu/covid19selfassessment. RSVPs are required, space is limited, and all tours will be scheduled in advance to ensure required physical distancing. Those interested also have the opportunity to schedule a tour on a different date and time. An admissions representative will follow up with registered guests to provide additional details.