Healthcare is one of the largest employers in the Northland and throughout the region, with many jobs available and most only requiring a two-year degree or less.
Lake Superior College offers more than fifteen career paths in allied health and nursing. Its nationally accredited programs include surgical technology, practical nursing, professional nursing A.S., Advanced Standing LPN track, medical laboratory technician, dental hygiene, respiratory therapy, physical therapist assistant, medical assistant and radiologic technology.
Additional healthcare programs include phlebotomy and massage therapy. LSC also collaborates with Hibbing Community College to offer a dental assistant program. For military veterans, LSC offers a specially designed online Physical Therapist Assistant Military Bridge program as well.
All are welcome to learn more about these programs at Lake Superior College Healthcare Career Night on Wednesday, February 12, from 4:30 to 7 p.m. on LSC’s main campus. The event is free and open to the public.
Guests will have the opportunity to:
- Visit with faculty
- Tour LSC's main campus and allied health and nursing facilities
- Talk with an advisor about healthcare programs
- Get information about admissions, financial aid, scholarships and academic support
- Participate in healthcare simulations
- Meet with community and industry partners seeking to hire LSC graduates