Can I use Tuition Assistance (TA)  for this program?

Usually, yes.  To use tuition assistance, visit Go Army Ed (or comparable service for your branch of the military) and input all of the pertinent information about LSC—i.e. tuition costs, degree plan, classes that need to be completed etc.  Be sure to submit this information well before the class starts to ensure that funding is approved before the start of the semester.  Submit a copy of your Tuition Assistance Approval Form to either the Student Payment Office or the LSC VA Certifying Official. Remember, tuition assistance will only cover tuition costs. You will be responsible for all other costs.

Can I use my GI military benefits for this program?

Here are the required steps for VA funded students at LSC:

  1. You will need to complete the application process at Lake Superior College and be accepted into a degree program. Submit a copy of your DD-214 or Joint Services Transcripts (JST) with your application to waive the $20 application fee.
  2. To use your GI Bill benefits, first learn how to apply for the GI Bill and other education benefits. Submit a copy of your NOBE if you have one and any kicker paperwork if applicable to the LSC VA Certifying Official. If you do not already have a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or NOBE, you will need to complete and submit a Veterans Information Sheet.
  3. You will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Provide a copy of that letter to the LSC Certifying Official.
  4. Register only for courses that fit into your declared program.  Check your LSC e-mail regularly for information that may affect your eligibility for VA benefits.
  5. After registering, complete a Request to Certify form online. This will let the LSC VA Certifying Official that you wish to use your benefits for the semester. This form is completed every semester.
  6. The BAH and Book allowance is sent directly to you via direct deposit or mail. The tuition and fees are sent directly to LSC based on your percentage of VA funding. If you are registered for late start courses, payment from the VA will not be received for the course(s) until closer to the start date.

For questions about federal financial aid, please contact the LSC Financial Aid office at (218) 733-7601 and select option 2 for Financial Aid. Inquires can also be submitted by email to [email protected] or by fax at (218) 733-5945 ATTN: Financial Aid