Welcome to the LSC Center for Equity and Inclusion
The LSC Center for Equity and Inclusion is a service-driven space that is open to the entire LSC community. It is a center that provides a safe and welcoming environment for all students to learn about themselves and other cultures. It is the goal of the Center for Equity and Inclusion to increase awareness about the importance to celebrate culture in order to promote a more globally-minded student and community.
The vision of Lake Superior College’s Center for Equity and Inclusion is to serve as the catalyst to unite individuals from diverse backgrounds, embracing the belief that they hold the power to create and support diversity in their communities.
The mission of Lake Superior College’s Center for Equity and Inclusion is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for students, staff, and community members to enhance their intercultural competency. The Center will broaden student experiences through activities and events that promote global awareness.
- Diversity Education
- Academic Support
- Equity Advocacy
- Cultural Awareness & Immersion
- Student Advocacy
- United Students Group student organization
- Information about cultural events on campus and in the community
- ELL support
- LGBTQ+ Club
- Quiet room for personal use if you need to nurse, reflect, pray or unwind
- No-questions-asked Hawks Pantry open to all LSC students with perishables and non-perishables, toiletries, cleaning supplies and baby supplies
- Kitchenette with fridge, freezer, microwave and coffee