Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Student Success Day is set aside each semester to support your academic success. How?
- Opportunities to focus on topics and activities to support your success and explore the aspects of the GPS LifePlan (Goals + Plans = Success).
- Participate in sessions that promote personal, career, financial, leadership and educational skill building.
- Make connections with other students, staff, and faculty.
Suggestions to get the most out of your Student Success Day:
- Plan your Student Success Day schedule in advance. If you have questions, talk to your instructors or advisors. Most sessions are 50 minutes. Some sessions are repeated, but most are not.
- Make appointments to connect with your instructors during the day – see how you are doing in each of your classes. Find out what you can do to improve.
- Attend the Town Hall meeting at 11:30 in the Commons.
- After attending the Town Hall, enjoy lunch from Subway! (Approximately 12:30 p.m.)
NOTE: Day classes are canceled; evening classes will begin at 4:00 p.m. Individuals with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations by contacting LSC’s Disability Services at (218) 733-7650 or email@example.com.
Title and Presenter
|Ongoing||Conferences with instructors, advisors, or counselors: Make appointments to see how you’re doing and learn about strategies for success.||–|
|7:30 a.m.||Registration||All Entrances|
|8:30-9:20||Choose an 8:30 session||–|
|9:30-10:20||Choose a 9:30 session||–|
|10:30-11:20||Choose a 10:30 session||–|
|11:00-1:00||Clubs, Campus Resources, Health Information, Community Resources||East Concourse information tables|
|Noon-2:30||Part-time Job Fair||E2370, E2376, E2380|
|11:30-12:30||Town Hall Meeting:
GET INFORMED on the political candidates who will be potentially representing YOU!
|12:30||Lunch from Subway (free!)||2nd Floor near the Tutoring and Learning Center|
|1:30-2:20||Choose a 1:30 session||–|
|2:30-3:20||Choose a 2:30 session||–|
NOTE: Evening classes resume immediately following the conference.