Tuesday, February 12, 2019
Student Success Day is set aside each semester to support your academic success. How?
- Explore topics and activities to support your success.
- Participate in sessions that promote personal, career, financial, leadership, and educational skill building.
- Make connections with other students, staff, and faculty.
Suggestions to get the most out of your Student Success Day:
- Use the planning sheet on the following pages.
- Write your Student Success Day schedule in the space provided on the planning sheet. If you have questions, talk to your instructors or advisors. Most sessions are 50 minutes. Some sessions are repeated, but most are not. Plan ahead so you can enjoy your day.
- Make appointments to connect with your instructors during the day – see how you are doing in each of your classes. Find out what you can do to improve.
- Plan on attending the keynote in the Commons at 11:30; Fall 2018 Dean’s List students will be honored by LSC President Dr. Pat Johns right before the keynote.
- After the keynote, enjoy pizza lunch and cake celebrating the ten-year anniversary of Student Success Day and improv by Renegade Improv (approximately 12:30).
NOTE: Day classes are canceled; evening classes will begin at 4:00 p.m.
Individuals with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations by contacting LSC’s Disability Services at (218) 733-7650 or email@example.com.
Title and Presenter
|Ongoing||Conferences with instructors, advisors, or counselors: Make appointments to see how you’re doing and learn about strategies for success.||–|
|7:30 a.m.||Registration||All Entrances|
|8:00 a.m.||Continental Breakfast (free!)||Commons/Cafeteria|
|8:30-9:20||Choose an 8:30 session||–|
|9:30-10:20||Choose a 9:30 session||–|
|10:30-11:20||Choose a 10:30 session||–|
|11:00-1:00||Clubs, Campus Resources, Health Information, Community Resources||East Concourse information tables|
|11:30||Dean’s List Recognition – Dr. Pat Johns, President of LSC||Commons/Cafeteria|
|Noon-2:30||Part-time Job Fair||E2370, E2376, E2380|
|11:35-12:15||Keynote: Chris Davila
Chris Davila is the Diversity and Inclusion director at the College of St. Scholastica. He received his Bachelor of Science in Teaching Spanish from the University of Minnesota Duluth. Chris is a cis-gender gay male, first generation Mexican-American college student from a low-income family in northwest Texas. Chris attributes his motivation for supporting students in their educational pursuits to his own challenges and failed attempts of navigating higher education.
|12:15||Lunch: Pizza and cake (free!)||2nd Floor near the Tutoring and Learning Center|
|12:15||Entertainment: Renegade Improv||Commons/Cafeteria|
|1:30-2:20||Choose a 1:30 session||–|
|2:30-3:20||Choose a 2:30 session||–|
NOTE: Evening classes resume immediately following the conference.