Fall Student Success Conference will be Wednesday, September 27, 2017!
Student Success Conference is a day set aside each semester to support academic success. Through the variety of sessions and activities scheduled, Student Success Conference provides opportunities for you to focus on topics and activities to support your success and explore the aspects of the GPS LifePlan (Goals + Plans = Success). You can participate in sessions that relate to four themes:
- Strategies for Success
- Explore Careers and Transfer Options
- Get Connected-Build Your Network
- Personal Wellness
You can make connections with students, staff and faculty at LSC.
Suggestions to get the most out of your Student Success Conference:
- Write your Student Success Conference schedule in the space provided on the planning sheet. If you have questions, talk to your instructors or advisors. Most sessions are 50 minutes; some are longer so plan accordingly. Some sessions are repeated but many are not. Plan ahead so you can enjoy your day.
- Make appointments to connect with your instructors during the day – see how you are doing in each of your courses and find out what you can do to improve.
- Plan to attend the keynote presentation in the Commons. The event is sponsored by Student Life.
- After attending the keynote presentations, enjoy pizza!
Attendance information for Student Success Conference:
Day classes are canceled and evening classes will begin at 4:00PM.
Look over the concurrent sessions and select sessions you want to attend. Be sure to check to see when your teachers will be available for conferences; make appointments, if necessary.
Individuals with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations by contacting LSC’s Disability Services at 218.733.7650, or firstname.lastname@example.org.