Healthcare is one of the largest employers in the Duluth-Superior region with many rewarding healthcare careers available ranging from direct caregivers to technicians to support staff and much more.
Lake Superior College offers more than sixteen career paths in allied health and nursing. Its nationally accredited programs include surgical technology, practical nursing, professional nursing A.S., advanced standing LPN track, medical laboratory technician, dental hygiene, respiratory therapy, physical therapist assistant, medical assistant and radiologic technology.
Additional healthcare programs include dialysis patient care technician, phlebotomy and massage therapy. Lake Superior College also collaborates with Hibbing Community College to offer a dental assistant program. For military veterans, LSC offers two specially designed programs: Military Bridge Medic to LPN and PTA Military Bridge.
Lake Superior College is hosting this free Healthcare Career Night on Tuesday, Oct. 23 from 4:30 to 7 p.m. to allow anyone interested to explore these in-demand career opportunities.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Visit with faculty
- Take a tour of LSC’s main campus and allied health and nursing facilities
- Talk to an advisor about healthcare programs
- Get information about admissions, financial aid and academic support
- Apply to Lake Superior College (reminder: the application fee has been waived for the entire month of October)
- Participate in healthcare simulations
Healthcare Career Night is the first in a series of flexible career night sessions designed for individuals who work during the day and/or have other commitments.