Lake Superior College will host the annual Integrated Manufacturing Open House on Thursday, October 7, 3-6 p.m., at LSC’s Downtown Center, 120 N. 2nd Ave. W., Duluth, MN 55802.
Strong workforce demand for machinists, welders and engineering CAD designers continues in the Twin Ports region and beyond. Learn more about affordable training options in these career fields as well as how to apply for free to LSC. The Open House is free and open to the public, however due to COVID-19 related restrictions face masks and RSVPs are required and the event has been modified to ensure the safety of all guests.
The Open House offers visitors an opportunity to check out the high-tech equipment at the downtown campus including computerized machines, 3D printers and scanners, robotic welders, waterjet and plasma cutting, CAD design software and more. Physically-distanced tours will take guests through the machining, welding and CAD lab facilities. Guests will be able to see programs in action and learn more about related program options, including:
- Engineering CAD Technology A.A.S.
- Engineering Technology A.S.
- Engineering CAD Technology Diploma
- Engineering CAD Technician
- Solidworks (CAD) Certificate
- CNC Programmer – Machine Technology A.A.S.
- CNC Programmer – Machine Technology Diploma
- Advanced Machine Production Technologist A.A.S.
- Machine Production Technologist Diploma
- Manual Machinist Certificate
- Automated Machining Certificate
- Rapid Prototyping and Design Certificate
- Production Technologist Certificate
- Welding A.A.S.
- Welding Diploma
- Welding Technologist Diploma
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Production Certificate
- Welding Technology Certificate
- Welding Certificate
Masks and RSVPs are required, space is limited, and all tours will be scheduled in advance to ensure small and safe tour groups. Those interested also have the opportunity to schedule a tour on a different date and time as well. An admissions representative will follow up with registered guests to provide additional details and options. For more information and to RSVP, please visit: www.lsc.edu/DowntownOpenHouse or contact [email protected] with any questions.