Students from Lake Superior College attended the Business Professionals of America (BPA) 2022 State Leadership Conference at Dakota County Technical College on February 25, 2022. LSC chapter members Mercedes Suedbeck, Brooklen Middendorf, Julian Moe, McKenzie Kowarsch, and Jasmine Malone joined other conference delegates from across the state to participate in general sessions and competitive events. Their advisor, Lori Yecoshenko, accompanied the students.
Students placing in the top five of individual events or in the top two of team events will be eligible to attend the national competition at the National Leadership Conference in Dallas, Texas, May 4-8, 2022.
The following students placed in the competitive events:
- Advanced Interview Skills – Mercedes Suedbeck
- Database Applications – McKenzie Kowarsch
- Fundamentals of Web Design – McKenzie Kowarsch
- Integrated Office Applications – Mercedes Suedbeck
- Intermediate Word Processing – Mercedes Suedbeck
- Fundamental Word Processing – Jasmine Malone, Brooklen Middendorf, and Julian Moe
- Basic Office Systems and Procedures – Jasmine Malone and Brooklen Middendorf
- College Accounting – Brooklen Middendorf and Julian Moe
- Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications – Jasmine Malone, Julian Moe, Mercedes Suedbeck and McKenzie Kowarsch
- Administrative Support Concepts – Brooklen Middendorf, Mercedes Suedbeck and Jasmine Malone
- Business Meeting Management Concepts – Mercedes Suedbeck, Jasmine Malone and Brooklen Middendorf
- Project Management Concepts – Mercedes Suedbeck and Jasmine Malone
- Parliamentary Procedure Concepts – Jasmine Malone
- Management / Marketing / HR Concepts – Mercedes Suedbeck and Jasmine Malone
- Financial Math and Analysis Concepts – Julian Moe
- Digital Marketing Concepts – Mercedes Suedbeck and Jasmine Malone
- Digital Communication Concepts – Jasmine Malone and McKenzie Kowarsch
- Computer Programming Concept s- McKenzie Kowarsch and Brooklen Middendorf
Business Professionals of America is a national organization for middle school, high school and college students preparing for careers in business and informational technology. The organization’s activities and programs complement classroom instruction by giving students practical experience through application of the skills learned at school. Business Professionals of America acts as a cohesive agent in the nation-wide networking of education with business and industry. BPA is contributing to the preparation of a world-class workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic and technological skills.