If you are a student at another college or university and only want to take one or two classes at Lake Superior College, you do not need to apply as a new student. You’re considered a guest student.

The Minnesota State system has information regarding the PSEO option and transfer basics for interested students. PSEO students are required to send an official copy of transcripts from the college/university which offered the college-level course taken.

The Admissions process can be found on our Become a Student page.

International students are welcome and encouraged to apply to Lake Superior College. Students who are not US citizens or permanent residents and plan to enroll on a student visa can learn more about the international application process.

The Minnesota State system also provides helpful resources to international students concerning currency conversion, credential evaluating agencies, TOEFL, and more. Please visit the Minnesota Transfer website to learn more.

After your application is complete, it will be processed by Admissions. A transfer evaluation will occur, which will determine if your previous coursework is equivalent to that at Lake Superior College. For a course to be considered equivalent, it must be at least 75% comparable in content.

Once your application has been processed, an acceptance packet will be mailed to you. It will contain a Degree Audit Report (DARS), which will outline how your courses transferred into your program(s).

Articulated credit enables high school students to obtain college credit for technical courses that are taken in high school. In order for articulated credit to be accepted by Lake Superior College, a signed articulation agreement must exist between the high school and the college, indicating how the course will transfer. Students who enroll at Lake Superior College within five years of when the course was taken will receive credit for the course(s) indicated based on the agreement.

Students who took courses in high school, which articulate to other colleges/universities besides LSC cannot transfer this credit into Lake Superior College through the articulated college credit process. However, these students can have their work evaluated through the Credit for Prior Learning process, however. Find more information about the Credit by Exam and Prior Learning process.

LSC offers students the options of Articulated College Credit (see above), Credit by Exam and Prior Learning Assessments. Get more information about the Credit by Exam and Prior Learning process.

Lake Superior College may accept credit from military and business training.

For more information regarding this type of transfer, read Educational Credit for Training Programs.

The college or university you are transferring from may not have met the rigor of Lake Superior college’s coursework. Technical credits have a 5-year lifespan and may have expired. You may wish to try a Prior Learning Assessment. Transfer courses may not be required for the program you have declared. Health programs require a grade of C or better in all courses, therefore grades of C- or below do not transfer.

View your degree audit report (DARS). Transferred courses will have a “T” before the letter grade and will have the initials of the sending college/university next to the course number.

Credits taken under the quarter system are converted to semester values. This is calculated by taking 67% of the quarter credit amount. EXAMPLE: 5 credit quarter class = 3.33 semester credits.

Please familiarize yourself with Lake Superior College’s Transfer Policy/Procedures and Appeal Process. There are processes in place that allow you to appeal a transfer decision made at Lake Superior College.