Join us in congratulating our Graduates! Lake Superior College holds commencement ceremonies every May after spring semester as a celebration of accomplishments for graduates and their family and friends.
Date and Time
Monday, May 15, 2023
Nurses Pinning Ceremony
11:00 a.m. – Harborside Ballroom
2:00 p.m. – Symphony Hall
- Tickets are not required to attend the event.
- There is a $10.00 fee to park at the DECC.
- Guests are welcome to arrive at 1:00 p.m.
- Family and friends should be seated by 1:50 p.m.
- Commencement processional begins promptly at 2:00 p.m.
- Commencement ceremony lasts approximately 2 hours
- Nurses Pinning ceremony lasts approximately 1 hour
- Flowers will be available to purchase through the Commencement Group in advance online and in the lobby the day of the event.
- Beverages are available in the DECC lobby.
- There is no secure place to store valuables. Lock your valuables in your car or hand them off to guests and relatives.
- Your diploma should arrive at the address you provided on your graduation application in 6-8 weeks.
- Photography: Graduation photographs will be available through Grad Images. Graduates are encouraged to fill out this online form in advance AND to also fill out the back of your reader card (provided at commencement) to receive a complimentary proof by email from the photography studio. Graduates who pre-register by filling out the online form will receive a code for 20% off your purchase.
Graduation photographs will be available for purchase after the ceremony through Grad Images. Graduates are encouraged to fill out the online photography form AND to also fill out the back of the reader card that you will receive at Commencement to receive a complimentary proof by email from the photography studio. Graduates who pre-register by filling out the online photography form will receive a code for 20% off their purchase.
- Cap, gown, and tassel can be purchased as a package at the LSC Store for $45.00, no tax. Items can also be purchased individually.
- Honors students will receive their gold tassels at the LSC Store when they pick up their cap, gown, and tassel.
- LSC is proud to offer veteran cords for graduates. The LSC Store also has these available.
- Phi Theta Kappa regalia will be available in Student Life.
- Please dress professionally and wear appropriate footwear.
- Please consider donating your gown to the Student Life gown loan program. Donation boxes will be located near the doors in the Amsoil lobby.
Please place your gown in a box as you exit.
- Flowers will be available for purchase in advance and at the ceremony through the Commencement Group.
- Individuals with a disability can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Disability Services at [email protected] or (218) 733-7702.
- Your diploma will be mailed to the address on your graduation application approximately six weeks after grades are posted which is around late June/early July.
- 10:00 a.m. Nursing Students arrive for the Pinning Ceremony
- 11:00 a.m. Pinning Ceremony for Nursing Students
- 12:30 – 1:00 p.m. All other students arrive at DECC. Check In/Lunch for ALL students participating in Commencement. Report to Paulucci Hall, which is located on the lower level under the ticket office. Check in at the registration tables. You will be given a reader card and photography information to fill out. Keep this card and hand it to the dean announcing your name and degree when you are on stage. Food and beverage will also be served.
- 1:00 p.m. Proceed to the class picture.
- 1:30 p.m. Line up alphabetically by degree in Paulucci Hall for the Commencement processional.
- 2:00 p.m. Commencement ceremony
Families and Friends: Congratulate your Lake Superior College graduate on a job well done with a pre-ordered gift! Items available include bouquets, t-shirts and more. Orders can be picked up on commencement day at a booth conveniently located at the entrance to the graduation before the ceremony begins. A limited number of t-shirts will be available for purchase on site, so pre-orders are recommended.