Lake Superior College cares about your mental health and well being.
Active Minds at LSC is a student-led group to raise awareness, educate and advocate for mental health. Join us for our many events throughout the school year and help us to stomp out stigma! For more information or to join our college chapter, please contact Health Services (218) 733-1092 or email . Active Minds is the only nonprofit organization dedicated to mental health on college campuses and has more than 350 student chapters in nearly all 50 states.
Student Accessibility Services
If you have mental health issues that interfere with your academic learning, and need accommodations please contact Student Accessibility Services at (218) 733-7650 or .
Mental Health Services is free of charge to LSC students and offers:
- Individual, IN PERSON counseling sessions (up to 3/semester for enrolled students), by appointment only (Virtual will be offered at a later date)
- Drop In Consultation Services (As available)
- Crisis Intervention
- Referral Services
To schedule, please contact:
Amy Fullerton, MSEd., LPCC
Director Of Mental Health
Phone: (218) 733-6844
Location: Student Services, S-109
Hours: M-F 8-4:30 PM
Local Mental Health Resources
- Amberwing – Center for youth and family wellbeing
- Birch Tree – short term and recovery focused services In emergency: (218) 623-1800 or 1-844-772-4724
- Essentia Health – Mental Health Duluth Clinic
- Essentia Health -Grief Support
- Human Development Center (sliding fee scale)
- Lake Superior Community Health Center (sliding fee scale)
- St. Luke’s Mental Health Services
The Bandana Project
Mental Wellness Matters at LSC
Will you take the pledge and be a mental health advocate through the Bandana Project? VAR (Validate-Appreciate-Refer) training will be available to all students and employees at LSC. Once your are VAR trained, you will receive a green bandana and we ask that you display it for others to see. You will be a safe place for someone to talk to that may be struggling.
Presenter: Roxanne Frederick
Register: Email Roxanne Frederick:
Note: One hour session, choose a time that best fits your schedule. Please register for one session.
Training: Suicide Prevention for College Students
LEARN to recognize the warning signs of suicide and what you can do to help.
NEXT TRAINING DATE: TBD
THIS FREE 90-MINUTE TRAINING was created specifically for college students. Students will receive information and skills training related to suicide prevention.