Do you have:
- Pain, swelling and increased muscle tension?
- Problems with reduced strength, flexibility, and balance?
- Difficulty walking, climbing stairs or performing other daily activities?
- Are you beginning to feel an injury and wish to keep if from getting worse?
- Do you need physical therapy but have no health insurance or have run out of benefits?
- Do you need your physical therapy to be conveniently located on campus?
The Lake Superior College Physical Therapy Clinic provides physical therapy services to those who have a barrier to receiving physical therapy services in other PT clinics. These barriers could be related to finances, insurance coverage, schedule restrictions and/or clinic location. As a pro bono clinic, the LSC PT Clinic provides physical therapy services to Lake Superior College students, employees, and community members at no cost. LSC physical therapist assistant students and College of St. Scholastica physical therapist students treat patients under the supervision of program instructors who are licensed physical therapists.
For more than 20 years, the LSC PT Clinic has provided affordable physical therapy services to community members.
Our clinic is furnished with the latest in physical therapy equipment, including a computerized Balance System SD, Lightspeed Lift, Lite Gait, Power Plate, and Solo Step. We offer a wide range of treatments for a variety of conditions.
The clinic serves three primary missions:
- to provide realistic hands-on learning experiences for students studying physical therapy, and
- to provide physical therapy services to those in the Duluth-Superior area who could not otherwise receive PT due to insurance limitations.
- To promote the PT/PTA team with PT and PTA students
Treatment options may include:
- Therapeutic exercise
- Hot pack/cold pack
- Electrical stimulation
- Mechanical traction
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Relaxation exercises
- Posture education
- Gait training