Attendance / Participation
First week of class
- Log into D2L Brightspace / e-Campus the first day of the term to read the course syllabus.
- Post to discussion forums or do other activities as assigned by the instructor.
- Failure to log in / participate / submit assignments for 14 consecutive calendar days will constitute failure for non-attendance.
- Log into D2L regularly (at least several times a week) to check for news and information and participate in your online courses!
- Submit assignments and engage with classroom tools, other students and the instructor.
- Take tests and quizzes
Although you can set your own schedule to a great degree, there are deadlines for assignments and timeframes in which things need to be completed. Tips:
- Review the class syllabus at the beginning of the term and note class deadlines and requirements on your personal calendar.
- Set aside specific hours of the day for schoolwork.
- Keep up-to-date to-do lists.
- Set your own deadlines based on your personal schedule in advance of the official deadline.
- Don’t wait until it is too late to ask for help.
Get help when you need it. Tutors are available to you via email, phone or online meeting (schedule online meetings by email or phone). Email a tutor anytime or contact them by phone: (218) 733-5927 Monday–Thursday: 7:30 AM–6:00 PM, Friday: 7:30 AM–4:00 PM.
It’s particularly important for eLearning students to have basic computer skills. LSC offers resources to build your technology skills.
Buy books early
Buy textbooks from the LSC online bookstore and other course materials 2-3 weeks before the start of the term to be sure they arrive before classes start.
We recommend having a dedicated study space that you use every time you study. A dedicated study space can help keep you organized and can save time collecting study materials.