Check your Financial Aid Status & View your Financial Aid Award Letter
You should print this instruction page for reference purposes!!
If you have a StarID username and password, you may check the progress of your application online and also view your financial aid award letter. To access your financial aid information, go to the login of the e-services site and follow these steps.
- Enter your StarID username and password
- If you have forgotten your information, go to the StarID Self-Service and click on Forgot StarID & Password.
- From the menu on the left, click on “Financial Aid”
- Change the semester to desired semester
- Choose the appropriate menu item as explained below:
- FINANCIAL AID STATUS – By selecting this link, you can view the most recent activity regarding your financial aid. The most common “Financial Aid Status” statements include:
- No tracking letter exists – We have not yet received information from the Department of Education. LSC receives the information about three days after the student receives notification that the FAFSA has been processed. If this comment is listed, you are subject to “drop-for nonpayment”.
- If any of the following are listed, you are safe from “drop-for nonpayment” as we have received initial information from the Department of Education:
- Tracking letter – The tracking letter lists the items or corrections that are needed in order to complete your financial aid file.
- “Document Review” or “Edit/Verification Review” – LSC staff members are reviewing the information you provided on your FAFSA. This process may take several weeks to complete. If necessary, you will be sent a letter requesting additional information.
- Pending Information Received – We have received your verification materials but have not yet completed the verification process.
- EDE corrections transmitted – We found discrepancies between your FAFSA information and the additional information you provided. We have sent a correction to the Department of Education. When the correction has been processed, you should be placed at the “Ready for Packaging” status if no other items need to be resolved by our staff.
- Ready for packaging/ ready for packaging edits – Everything is ready for financial aid awards to be packaged and an award letter generated.
- Ready for payment – This comment is misleading. It does not mean that your financial aid will now be paid. This merely means that once the drop-add period has passed for that particular term; your grant/loan funding will be ready for payment. This does mean, however, that an Award Letter has been generated and you may now view the Award Letter at the same website by clicking on “Award Letter”. Please note that if loans are listed on the award letter, you must complete the loan application found on the “Loans” link. Other statements you may see should be self-explanatory. If you are unsure of their meaning, you may contact us at email@example.com for further explanation.
- AWARDS – By selecting this link, you can view your financial aid awards for the current award letter. This is not your award letter. However, it will be the most up-to-date information we have. If it is prior to the end of the drop-add period for a specific term, the amounts listed will be based on full time attendance. Any Minnesota Grant eligibility will be based on 15 or more credits. If loans are listed as “estimated”, you have not completed an online loan application. If the loans are listed as “certified”, LSC has processed the loan(s) for the term(s) listed. For a break-down of your eligibility based on full time, three-quarter time, half time and less than half time attendance, click on “Award Letter”.
- AWARD LETTER – By selecting this link, you can view the last actual award letter that was generated for you. It may be out-of-date as any changes to your awards since an award letter was generated will not be displayed. The Award Letter will, however, break down your grant and loan eligibility based on various enrollment levels. For real-time information, you will want to select “Awards”. Login to Your Student Account – e-Services