Room: E2330 & E2356-E2366
August 24 – December 18, 2015
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Math tutors start at 8:00 am.
Other tutors start at 8:30 am or 9:00 am, availability varies.
Please check the schedules posted on this site or in the Learning Center.
The Learning Center provides tutoring and other academic resources to LSC students at NO COST. Tutoring is offered in all levels of math, the sciences, writing and composition, study skills and several other areas. Please click on the “Services” link below for more details. Professional and peer tutors are available. We have small study rooms where we encourage small groups to work collaboratively. We also offer study groups in areas such as Cell Biology and General Statistics. Please click on the “Study Groups” link below for more details on what is currently offered.
The Learning Center is open only when classes are in session. Tutor availability varies so please check the schedules at the link below. Students may drop in for tutoring or you can schedule an appointment by calling the Learning Center at 218-733-5927. The math tutors do not take appointments; however, the science tutors will take ½ hour appointments if a more individualized session is desired. Appointments are strongly recommended for the Writing lab/tutors.
The Learning Center has the following expectations of students accessing tutoring:
- It is expected that you have been attending class/labs regularly.
- It is expected that you have attempted the assignment prior to your session with a tutor.
- It is expected that you will bring assignment specifications/guidelines to the session and that you will have specific questions prepared to ask the tutor.
- Please remember the tutor’s role is to assist you in learning and understanding the information; it is not their role to help you get your homework done.
- Remember to plan ahead of your due date so you have adequate time to learn the information and apply that knowledge in complete your assignment.
- Begin using the Learning Center as soon as you experience difficulty with coursework; don’t wait until the end of the semester.