Room: E2330 & E2356-E2366
Monday – Thursday 7 am – 6 pm
Friday 7 am – 4 pm
Tutor availability varies. Please check the tutor schedules at the link on the bottom of the page. The Learning Center is open only when classes are in session. The math labs do not take appointments and tutor coverage is 8:00am-6:00pm and on Fridays until 4:00pm. Appointments are strongly recommended for the Writing Lab.
The Learning Center provides tutoring and other academic resources to LSC students at no cost. Tutoring is offered in all levels of math, the sciences, writing and composition, study skills, and several other areas. You can drop in for tutoring or you can schedule an appointment by calling the Learning Center. Professional tutors and peer tutors are available. Small study groups are welcome.
The Learning Center has the following expectations of students accessing tutoring:
- It is expected that you have been attending class/labs regularly.
- It is expected that you have attempted the assignment prior to your session with a tutor.
- It is expected that you will bring assignment specifications/guidelines to the session and that you will have specific questions prepared to ask the tutor.
- Please remember the tutor’s role is to assist you in learning and understanding the information; it is not their role to help you get your homework done.
- Remember to plan ahead of your due date so you have adequate time to learn the information and apply that knowledge in complete your assignment.
- Begin using the Learning Center as soon as you experience difficulty with coursework; don’t wait until the end of the semester.