View Sustainability at Lake Superior College in a larger, interactive google map
Sustainability Mission Statement:
We, the Lake Superior College community, believe our campus has an opportunity and responsibility to provide leadership to our college and local communities by conducting education and business as responsible stewards of the physical environment. To this end, we are committed to:
- Conserve natural resources and support their sustainable use.
- Conduct college activities in a manner that safeguards the environmental health and safety of students, faculty, staff, and our surrounding communities.
- Promote environmental awareness, local action, and global thinking.
Fulfilling local and international sustainability commitment, through:
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Regional Stormwater Protection Team (RSPT)
- Lake Superior Living Labs Network
- Partner, Upper Midwest Association for Campus Sustainability (UMACS)
- Superior Citizen Science
- Trained in The Natural Step framework – 2013 Sustainable Twin Ports Early Adopter
- American Colleges and Universities President’s Climate Commitment – 2008 Signatory