What is Student Senate?
Student Senate is as group of students connecting to create change on your campus and in your state of Minnesota. We organize with the state organization of Student Senate’s called LeadMN. We go to leadership and development conferences as a Senate. Most importantly, we advocate on the behalf and act as the official voice of the students to legislators and all school and state administrators.
Here are some of the things going on around campus, hosted by Student Senate:
Bentleyville on October 25 2017!
Your Student Senate Helped out at Bentleyville on October 25 2017! Look at the fun they had!
Student Success Day Participation
During Student Success Day (Fall2016), while handing out popcorn and pop, the Student Senate encouraged student to get out and vote in the upcoming election.
Every fall and spring semester, the Student Senate hosts a fundraising event for the Student Essentials Fund (SEF). During Spring Semester 2014, the Student Senate hosted a fundraiser for the MSCSA Leadership Scholarship.
- Find more information about the SEF program in our links menu (upper left corner on this page) or stop by the student senate office (E1008).
- Want more information about MSCSA? Visit our MSCSA link (upper left corner on this page) or mscsa.org to find information about the scholarship opportunities.
Campus wide committees!
Campus Wide Committees serve as a action network to better serve the students of LSC. They are established by the administration to help promote various numbers of things. If you are interested in one issue in particular, contact the student senate to start serving on a committee today! (Must be a current student)
Club Recruitment Day
The Student Senate hosts a day once a semester for each club to demonstrate what it has to offer. Students get to participate in activities related to each club and get a chance to win prizes, while learning about clubs.
Do you have an idea or want to see a change at LSC? The Student Senate wants to hear from you! There are three comment boxes throughout the school.
They are located:
- Outside the student senate office
- Second floor of the E Building, Blue locker number 759 at the top of the stairs by the elevator, across from office 2106
Why should you join the movement**
- Add to your Professional Resume
- Make major GAINZ in your professional skill set
- Meet state and federal legislators
- Make friends and meet new people
- Become connected across the state
- Socially network both on campus and across the state
- Build leadership and team working skills
- Be a part of exciting projects and decisions on campus
- Travel all over the state and country
Why not be a part of the movement of change on campus? There are two elections per year. One in the fall (Starting Fourth Monday of September) and one in the spring (Starting Fourth Monday of January). We also are allowed to hold special elections for vacancies for those who missed the ballot deadline but show passion for student advocacy.
If you would like more information about any guidelines of Student Senate please reference the Student Senate Constitution.
Please contact the Student Senate for more information:
**Only current attending LSC student may apply
[The Lake Superior College Student Senate does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, or membership or activity in local commission as defined by law]