The Admissions process at Lake Superior College (a common example):
- Decide what you want to study!
- Are you unsure what you want to study? Call EOC (218) 733-6950.
- Pick a college
- Fill out application (waived if you are in EOC by advisor)
- Get transcripts together
- General Education Development (GED) transcript request form Alice Smith.
- Free from Minnesota State schools
- Practice Accuplacer!
- Receive materials for SOAR Orientation and then attend SOAR and take Accuplacer
- Complete your FAFSA
- Enroll in classes, get books, sign up for MN childcare grant, apply to scholarship
Local college application information
- Lake Superior College application information – Duluth, MN
- University of Minnesota, Duluth application information – Duluth, MN
- College of St. Scholastica application information – Duluth, MN
- University of Wisconsin, Superior application information – Superior, WI
Taking the Accuplacer
All students must complete the Accuplacer test as part of orientation at LSC and many other institutions, unless they meet certain qualifications listed.
All 4 year colleges require an ACT test for admission.