- All PTA applicants are required to complete the most current Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) standardized Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to application deadlines and release scores to LSC.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum ATI TEAS score of 58.6% to be considered for PTA program entry.
- If the applicant has taken the ATI TEAS test at another institution, please have the transcript sent electronically to LSC through ATI. LSC will not accept any paper copies of ATI TEAS scores.
- There is no limit to the number of ATI TEAS test attempts
- To register for the ATI TEAS exam, create an account at www.atitesting.com. Once an account has been created, visit the ATI Store.
- View the TEAS Study Resources.
Physical therapy volunteer experience
Students must complete a total of 40 hours of observation or volunteer work in at least two different physical therapy settings prior to starting the program. Priority is given to those who have this volunteer work completed by March 1.
Complete pre-program requirements
Complete all “pre-program” requirements / courses specified in your program guide.
Review other requirements in the program guide including:
LSC Professional Advisors
We highly recommend you meet with a Health Sciences Academic Advisor as you begin your program and throughout to address any questions you may have.
If you have been arrested, charged, or convicted of any criminal offense, you should investigate the impact that the arrest, charge, or conviction may have on your chances of employment in the field you intend to study.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Lake Superior College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: (703) 706-3245; email: [email protected]; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call (218) 733-7632 or email [email protected].
The PTA program enrolls 20 students each fall. Students who become LSC students and complete all PTA pre-program requirements will be admitted to the PTA program as long as there are available seats in the program. Students are ranked by the date on which their final program requirement was met, and when they completed their application to LSC / declared PTA as their program.