- All PTA applicants are required to complete the most current Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI) standardized Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) prior to application deadlines and release scores to LSC.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum ATI TEAS score of 58.6% to be considered for PTA program entry.
- If the applicant has taken the ATI TEAS test at another institution, please have the transcript sent electronically to LSC through ATI. LSC will not accept any paper copies of ATI TEAS scores.
- There is no limit to the number of ATI TEAS test attempts
- To register for the ATI TEAS exam, create an account at www.atitesting.com. Once an account has been created, visit the ATI Store.
- View the TEAS Study Resources.
Verify work experience
Provide a recommendation from a supervising physical therapist verifying 6 months post-training work experience and a skills documentation log.
Complete pre-program and general education course requirements
Complete all “pre-program” requirements / courses specified in your program guide.
Students may take general education courses required for the program prior to formal program acceptance, PTA-specific courses can only be taken for the AAS degree by students who have been formally accepted into the program. Official program acceptance occurs only when all program entry requirements have been satisfied and the program has notified the student of their acceptance.
Review other requirements in the program guide including:
If you have been arrested, charged, or convicted of any criminal offense, you should investigate the impact that the arrest, charge, or conviction may have on your chances of employment in the field you intend to study.
The Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Lake Superior College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 100, Alexandria, Virginia 22305-3085; telephone: (703) 706-3245; email: [email protected]; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program/institution directly, please call (218) 733-7632 or email [email protected].
Students who become LSC students and complete all PTA Military Bridge pre-program requirements will be admitted to the PTA Military Bridge program as long as there are available seats in the program. Students are ranked by the date on which their final program requirement was met, and when they completed their application to LSC / declared PTA as their program.