eLearning can be convenient if you live far from campus. And it can provide schedule flexibility if you work during on-campus class hours. Along with its benefits come challenges like time and intensity. To succeed at eLearning, be prepared to spend many hours each week on a computer completing assignments and contributing to online class discussions.
elearning may be right for you if:
- You have extra time in your schedule to spend online. Plan to spend three hours each week on a computer for every one online credit you are completing.
- You are self-motivated, self-disciplined and often get things done ahead of time.
- You have easy access to a computer and high-speed internet connection.
- You are comfortable with technology and are familiar with Microsoft Office, web browsers and other basic computer applications.
- You are good at following written instructions and rarely need instructor input.
- You are able to communicate well in writing.