If you would like to get an idea of how your Lake Superior College courses will transfer to other institutions, you can use Transferology to see how participating institutions have evaluated your courses.
Transfer Student Checklist
- Start Early
- Ask Questions/Request Information
- Decide what program of study or major you want to pursue
- Verify the classes you are currently taking will transfer
- Fully research the college/university; check their website, make phone calls, etc.
- APPLY EARLY! Pay attention to application and priority dates and deadlines!
- Submit OFFICIAL transcripts
- Confirm all requested materials have been submitted and received
- Complete the financial aid process
- Review the Class Schedule and Catalog
- Check for specific foreign language & Math requirements
- Get enrolled in classes
Visiting a Campus
- Plan ahead: Call the admissions office and set up your visit days in advance.
- Dress appropriately: Be comfortable.
- Ask Questions: What are deadlines? Do I meet admission requirements? Will my credits transfer?
- Try it out: Sit in on a class, eat in the cafeteria, and attend an event.
- Relax: Enjoy your visit!
- Check out the Surroundings: Make sure you feel safe on campus and in the city.
- Reflect: Write down your thoughts.
How to Choose a College or University
- Do they offer the degree program you are seeking?
- What is the size of the school?
- Do you meet their admission requirements?
- What is the tuition cost?
- Do they offer scholarships for transfer students?
- Is it a good fit for you and your needs?
- Is it fully accredited?
- Does it have a good reputation?
What to Possibly Expect at a 4-Year College/University
- Longer Lines
- More Buildings
- Higher Expenses
- Upper Level Classes
- Larger Class Sizes
- Parking Issues
- Larger Crowds
- Culture Shock