Required to register for classes
Once you’ve become a student at LSC, sign up for the on-campus orientation (SOAR) or the online orientation. The orientation provides information about key policies and resources you’ll need to succeed at LSC. It’s a requirement to take an orientation to enroll in classes. The earlier you complete your SOAR or online orientation, the better selection of classes you’ll have.
Take the on-campus SOAR session if:
- You need to take the Accuplacer placement test, or
- You’re new to LSC (or haven’t taken classes here in the past 2 years), or
- You’d like an in-person session.
Expect to spend four hours or more on campus (your time will be shorter if you aren’t required to take the placement test). Check in the day of your SOAR session at the S building in Student Services.
Take the online orientation now if:
- You’re taking online courses only, or
- You’re an experienced transfer or returning student, and
- You don’t need to take the Accuplacer placement test, and
- You’d prefer an online orientation.
If you need accommodations, please contact Disability Services at 218-733-7650 or MRS/TTY 800-627-3529.