3.10 – Academic Program/Department Review
Part 1: General Statement Academic Review Policy
Lake Superior College will review, on a three year cycle, using established institutional procedures, all academic programs and departments with respect to:
- Contribution to the mission and plans of the institution.
- Performance measures including aggregated student achievement.
- Accreditation, licensure or certification requirements.
- Advisory committee or other appropriate input as agreed to by the faculty and administration of the institution.
- Other factors as appropriate.
The college shall use results of the review for improvement of academic programming.
Part 2: Purpose
The purpose of academic review is to:
- Ensure the provision of high quality academic programs at Lake Superior College.
- Monitor program and department achievement relative to their stated outcomes and goals and the overall mission of Lake Superior College.
- Plan for and implement changes for improvement where necessary.
- Comply with MNSCU policy regarding academic review.
Date Implemented: October 12, 2011