- Guide for Writing a Funding Proposal is a step by step guide from S. Joseph Levine at Michigan State University. It includes hints and an example for each section of a proposal.
- Here is a simple Grant Writing Video Tutorial: How to Write a Grant Proposal
- How to write a winning abstract for grant applications is a presentation by Elena Kallestinova, PhD. From Yale’s Graduate School Writing Center.
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance has created Developing and Writing a Grant Proposal which is nice overview of the key elements of proposal writing.
- Debunking Some Myths About Grant Writing is a great article by Kennith Henson, dean of the School of Education at the Citadel, that covers many of the misconceptions about grant writing in higher education.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a great resource for your grammar, citation, and writing style needs.
- Guide to NIH Applications and NIH Writing Tutorials – Specific to those interested in NIH grants
- The Foundation Center is a great source of information about giving and grants worldwide. At the Foundation Center’s website you can find The Proposal Writing Short Course – is a great place to start if you are interested in applying for funding.
- College Board has a variety of archived webinars with topics from foundation funding to project evaluation and sustainability.
- Virginia Commonwealth University has a great presentation on grant writing: Grant Writing 101: It’s Not Rocket Surgery
- The Art of Grantsmanship is a comprehensive guide to the grant writing process from Jack Kraicer, former Director of Research Grants at the Human Frontier Science Program
- Stanford University has guides to NSF and NIH specific proposal writing.
- Great article about learning from rejected grant proposals: Learning from ‘Missed Shots’ from Inside Higher Ed.
- How to apply for federal grants is a video from the Grantsmanship Center detailing the general federal proposal format and how to understand federal guidelines.
- Federal Grants Management provides two presentations on Federal grants:
- Read 10 Errors Proposal Teams Should Avoid from stemgrants.com. It has some great points on how most proposal processes get slowed down and sidetracked.