Alliss Educational Foundation Grant
Overview: The Alliss grant is an opportunity grant, designed to help students pay for college. The grant is need-based (as determined by the FAFSA application) and is available to all students who are aid eligible. Students must be enrolled in an A.A., A.S., A.A.S., A.F.A., diploma, or certificate program. Grants are available at the start of each semester for as long as funds are available.
Grant Description: Students may be eligible for an award up to $2,000 in the Alliss Grant to cover charges per academic year. On-the-job and customized training courses are ineligible for the Alliss Grant. The grant is renewable. To be eligible for renewal, a student must reapply each academic year.
Program Eligibility The eligibility requirements for the Alliss Grant are as follows:
- Students must have a current FAFSA complete on file. The FAFSA can be completed at fafsa.gov
- Recipients must not hold baccalaureate or higher degrees.
- Recipients must not be in default with a federal student loan.
- Students must be pursuing a program at LSC.
- Students must only be taking courses that are required for their program.
- Recipients must demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
A full description of the Alliss Grant is available at this website connection: Alliss Grant. (Do not print the form from this site, but rather from the bottom of this page)
Application Procedure: The applicant must complete the Alliss Grant application and return it to the Lake Superior College Student Services Center. Alliss Grant applications are accepted only prior to registration and will only cover the semester charges up to $2,000.
Eligibility Notification: The college will notify you in writing as to whether or not your Alliss Grant application has been approved. Keep an eye on your LSC email for any correspondence.