Commercial & Residential Wiring Lab Assistant
- Hours per Week: Up to 10
- Work Schedule: Flexible Monday – Friday
- Job Location: Commercial & Residential Wiring (C&RW) Lab, Room E2568
- Description: Assist instructor with basic office work, including typing, sorting, and filing paperwork and making/returning phone calls. Also responsible for internet searches (including YouTube) to find training videos and materials relevant to the C&RW program. Assist instructor in creation and development of new lab content.
- Requirements: Must be able to do routine office work, be self-motivated and able to follow vague or conceptual ideas while helping instructor develop new course materials. Preference given to non-C&RW program students and/or military veterans.
- Who to Contact: Randy Yrjanson, email@example.com or 218-733-7691
Hermantown Kid Care – Child Care Aide
- Hours per Week: 10
- Work Schedule: 6:55am – 9:10am, Monday – Friday
- Job Location: Hermantown Elementary School, 4307 Ugstad Rd., Hermantown, MN 55811
- Description: Various activities with children in kindergarten through 5th grade, including playing games, arts and crafts, reading stories, and helping with homework. This position requires someone who is willing to “be in charge”.
- Requirements: Must qualify for work study on financial aid award letter; be at least 18 years of age and possess high school diploma or GED.
- Who to Contact: Casey Mac, 218-729-0744
Learning Center – Math Tutors
- Hours per Week: 10
- Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 11:00am -3:00pm, Friday 8:00am -3:00pm
- Job Description: Assist students in understanding math principles; provide study tips/examples of similar problems. Tutors needed in Pre-algebra-Algebra II AND tutors needed for College Algebra, Trig, Pre-Calculus, Calculus I & II (There are two different math labs to staff).
- Requirements: Completion of Algebra II with A or B (transcript required) or concurrent enrollment to work in the developmental math lab; Completion of College Algebra or Pre-Calculus and concurrent enrollment in Calculus I to work in college level math lab; dependable; good interpersonal skills; English language proficiency required; able to work with diverse student population; casual appropriate dress; paid tutor training (required)
- Contact: Paula Young, Director, Learning Center firstname.lastname@example.org