What is the LSC Plus Card?
The LSC Plus Card is the key to log into a website to select a preference for how to receive your refund or student payroll payments.
Using this website, you can then choose to:
- Direct deposit the funds into your own existing checking/savings account
- Open an account with HigherOne – a OneAccount
- Receive a paper check (note: it may be difficult to cash a check from Higher One in Duluth area without a fee or waiting period)
Why Higher One?
- To provide direct deposit and a debit card for students who are not able to open a bank account for various reasons
- To provide a faster way of getting students their money
- Prevent issues with check fraud
- Checks that are lost or stolen are better able to be addressed by a third party provider
- Higher One is a Financial Services company – they have expertise in providing financial services
Please contact the Student Payment Office for questions.
The LSC Plus Card
The Higher One Envelope
After receiving this LSC Plus Card in the mail:
- Log into http://www.lscpluscard.com,
- Click the “Getting Started” button,
- Enter the card number,
- Select the refund option that is best for you.