What is the LSC Plus Card?
The LSC Plus Card is the key to log into a website to select a preference for how to receive your refund or student payroll payments.
Using this website, you can then choose to:
- Direct deposit the funds into your own existing checking/savings account
- Open an account with HigherOne – a OneAccount
- Receive a paper check (note: it may be difficult to cash a check from Higher One in Duluth area without a fee or waiting period)
Why Higher One?
- To provide direct deposit and a debit card for students who are not able to open a bank account for various reasons
- To provide a faster way of getting students their money
- Prevent issues with check fraud
- Checks that are lost or stolen are better able to be addressed by a third party provider
- Higher One is a Financial Services company – they have expertise in providing financial services
Please contact the Student Payment Office for questions.
The LSC Plus Card is not your Student ID, Library Card, Bus Pass, or a Credit Card.
The LSC Plus Card
The Higher One Envelope
After receiving this LSC Plus Card in the mail:
- Log into http://www.lscpluscard.com,
- Click the “Getting Started” button,
- Enter the card number,
- Select the refund option that is best for you.