How to request an Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service whereby a user of one library can borrow books or receive photocopies of documents that are owned by another library. This service is used if the LSC Library does not own the material needed for the user’s research.
Who is eligible?
Current LSC students, faculty and staff are eligible to make a request.
How does ILL work?
First, complete this authorization form. [The LSC Library processes your request, receives the item, loans out the item to you, and arranges for its return.]
Follow the steps below:
- Enter your 14 digit Library Barcode. (On the back of your Student ID card is a number beginning with 21276….)
- Enter your Password. Your Password is your last name
- Click Log On
- Select the Book link or Journal link for your request. Enter all available information about your item onto the screen
- (FOR REQUESTING BOOKS) Under Preferred Media, select Printed (loan). Read and check the Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions. Click Go. Your ILL request is now submitted. An email will be sent to your LSC email account when your item arrives at the LSC Library. Books may take 7 or more days to arrive.
- (FOR REQUESTING JOURNAL ARTICLES) Under Preferred Media, select Copy (electronic). Read and check the Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions. Click Go. Your ILL request is now submitted. All ILL articles are sent to your LSC email accounts. Most articles take 2-3 days to arrive. ILL articles may overwhelm the size quote for free email sites such as Gmail, Hotmail, etc.