LSC Counselors help students clarify educational goals, program/career options, balance credit load with work and family, transfer plans, probation and suspension issues, and educational goals.
Balance Work & School
If you work and go to college, this strategy can prevent you from burning out. It is recommended that you take only 12 credits if you working 20 hours per week and have NOT been on probation. Fewer credits are recommended if you have family commitments, commute over an hour, or other responsibilities.
Manage Your Time
It is recommended that you spend 2 hours of study time for each hour of class time per week.
For example, if you have 12 credits, you should allow 24 hours per week for studying (12 x 2 = 24).
- College Professor Tips – Tips to Get to Know Your Professors
- Learning Style Quiz – How do YOU learn best?
- Memory and Concentration
- Online Class Quiz – Is Online Right for You?
- Test Anxiety
- Time Management
- Advising – Learn About Programs/Courses, Assistances with Adding or Dropping a Course
- Disability Services – Learning Disabilities
- Learning Center – Personal and Group Tutoring, Study Skills, Study Groups
- Library – Research
- SmarThinking – Free Online Tutoring
- Technology Support Center