You can apply up to a year in advance. There are many things to do to prepare for college life and this admission procedure can be a time-consuming process. Not only must you allow Lake Superior College adequate time to process your application, but you should also consider the time required for your visa processing before you may leave your country.
For the smoothest transition, we recommend applying early to allow time to secure your student visa.
International students must submit the following in order to be considered for admission to Lake Superior College:
- LSC Application for admission
- $20.00 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Secondary school transcripts
- Financial certificate with proof of funding
- Proof of health insurance (required before course registration)
The application for admission must be completed two months before the start of the fall or spring term. Summer admission is not granted to international students who are currently outside of the United States. You are encouraged to file application early to allow time to complete the admissions process.
Visa wait times vary between countries. Please check with the US Embassy in your country for more information.
If you are currently attending another college/university within the United States, your application must be completed at least two weeks prior to the start of the semester. Time is needed for you to request your official academic transcripts to be sent directly to LSC, official translations (if needed), the signing of your Financial Certificate, and sending in your bank statements with the balances noted in US dollars.
Estimated expenses for an academic year
Estimates are based on 15 credits per fall and spring semester
- Tuition ($145.78 per credit): $4373.40
- Fees (not tuition differentials): $735.90
- Health Insurance: $1,400.00
- Health insurance must be purchased through United Healthcare)
- Other expenses (room & board, books, tuition differential, etc.): 14,000.00*
*This is an estimate as Lake Superior College does not own or operate on-campus housing.
The U.S. government requires a SEVIS fee (or I-901) of $200 to be paid prior to obtaining your visa.