Transfer Student Admissions Process
Are you interested in attending Lake Superior College?
Have you previously attended college at another school?
1. Submit Application:
Application deadlines are the Friday before the start of the term at 4 p.m. Late applicants are encouraged to file applications in person. Admission to the college does not automatically guarantee your spot into a specific program. Some career programs utilize a waiting list and/or selection process.
2. Submit $20 Non-Refundable Application Fee
If you applied online, you can pay the application fee online as well by following the “Pay Now” link at the end of the application.
- Veterans – LSC is pleased to waive the application fee for veterans and members of the active military. Please send a copy of your DD214 paper or copy of your Joint Services Transcript to the Admissions department in order for us to waive your fee.
- International Students are welcome to apply online but unfortunately are not able to pay the application fee online. International students should send the $20 application fee to LSC separately.
- Non-degree seeking students and PSEO students are not required to pay the application fee or submit the regular application for admission.
If the $20.00 application fee is a hardship for you and/or your family, please contact the LSC Admissions Office at email@example.com for more information.
3. Submit Transcripts
All applicants are required to submit Transcripts.
- High School/GED transcripts must be submitted if obtained within the past five years.
- Official transcripts must be submitted from all previous post-secondary institutions attended. This includes any college credit earned in high school.
Please note: Official post-secondary institution transcripts must arrive at LSC in a sealed envelope directly from the institution or received electronically from the transfer institution. If you are transferring credits from another MnSCU institution, you do not need to request transcripts to be sent from those schools unless you hear otherwise from LSC. LSC admissions staff will electronically retrieve your transcripts after you apply for admission saving you time and money.
4. Check Admission Status
If you applied online, you can track the status of your application. If you did not apply online, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Next Steps
After your application file is complete you will receive your accepted student packet which will outline the steps you need to take to complete your enrollment. Please keep your Accepted Student Checklist as it contains information (including your LSC ID number) you need as you complete the enrollment process.
Once you’re accepted into Lake Superior College, your next step for enrollment will be to participate in a Student Orientation, Accuplacer and Registration (SOAR) session. You must have completed your application and been accepted to LSC before you can sign up for a SOAR session.